This “as new” used Techne Prime Pro 48 Real-time qPCR System is a former demo unit which was manufactured on 08/12/2014. We recently purchased it, the system is in a good state and has hardly been used. The offer includes: Dock and Squeegee, EcoControl and EcoStudy software USB stick, Pack of 50 Plates, Pack of 50 Plate seals and Power and Ethernet Cables still in the original box (see pictures).
The Prime Pro 48 real time qPCR system is a new, high specification, economically priced real time thermal cycler from Techne. Made in the UK, the Prime Pro 48 features the highest thermal block uniformity and fastest run time of any block-based qPCR system on the market.
High thermal uniformity and validated sample volumes down to 5ul ensures Prime Pro 48 allows researchers to bring run times for an optimised 40 cycle reaction down to only 15 minutes. qPCR efficiency relies on precise temperature control during the denaturation and annealing steps. For the highest accuracy, temperature must remain uniform across the plate, ensuring that all samples are processed equally. The unique thermal block design of Prime Pro 48 achieves this with a unique heating and cooling system that quickly cycles from one temperature to the next and then achieves a uniform ±0.1°C in every well of the block within a fraction of a second of reaching each dwell temperature. No other block-based qPCR system can achieve similar performance.
The capacity of Prime Pro 48 accommodates a unique and economical 48-well qPCR plate. The well format mirrors a 384-well plate therefore allowing the use of 16-channel pipettes. The small qPCR plate cuts reagent costs in half whilst still producing a strong fluorescence signal. Minimizing the plate size also significantly improves thermal uniformity and greatly reduces run times.
- 40 cycles in 40 minutes before optimisation.
- 40 cycles in 15 minutes when optimised.
- Genotype in 4 minutes with over 99% accuracy.
- Set up a 4plex reaction in only 4 mouse clicks.
- MIQE compliant – always consistent, always compliant.
- Instant settle time to achieve world leading uniformity of ±0.1°C across the block – any well, any instrument – consistent results in any system.
- 400 analyte specific qPCR reagent kits available.
- Demo equipment available to evaluate in your own lab.
- Consistent results provide trust and confidence. Well-to-well, run-to-run , machine-to-machine.
- Compile data from multiple experiments. Pool plates and results across labs and instruments.
- Record every well, with every filter, in every cycle. Never miss a data point.
- Adaptive LED Control means you never have uncertainty of saturated unknowns, no bleaching though light to neighbouring wells or maximising the wide dynamic range. Trust results are correct.
- All other block-based qPCR machines have lower uniformity. If you perform Next Generation Sequencing, any other instrument than Prime Pro 48 is risking your NGS, with significant cost implications.
- No other qPCR system offers so much performance for such a low price.
- Available as a complete system – Techne instrument, plates, seals and reagents.
- Alternatively, is chemically open platform – use your preferred supplier reagents.
- Lowest price per run – use duplicates and low sample volumes. Don’t waste money with triplicates and large sample volumes.
- Everything as standard – no add-ons, HRM as standard, unlimited software licence.
- Highly accurate and uniform qPCR prevents means successful NGS runs and significant moneysaving.
- ±0.1°C uniformity across the whole block instantly after every temperature change means that any well, in any instrument, provides same answer
- HRM – Identify Class IV SNP >99.9% of the time
- Unsurpassed block uniformity with patented block technology enables the researcher to use duplicates on Prime Pro 48, whereas triplicates are required on less uniform competitor machines.
- High Resolution Melt Yes
- Volume per well Validated for 5 to 20 ul
- Detection sensitivity 1 copy
- Temp uniformity +- 0.1°C
- Temp accuracy +- 0.15°C @ 60°C and 95°C
- Temperature range 30 to 100 degC
- Average ramp rate 5.5 degC sec
- Thermal system Hollow silver block peltier-based with conductive fluid
- Block format 48-well block
- Consumables 48-well custom plates and optical adhesive seals
- Optical system Dual LED excitation (452 to 486 nm and 542 to 582 nm)
- Camera CCD camera
- Filters 4 emission filters (505 to 545nm 562 to 596nm 604 to 644nm 665 to 705nm)
- Calibrated dyes SYBR FAM HEX ROX Cy5
- Additional dyes All dyes within range compatible with no additional calibration
- Passive reference dyes Use of ROX is supported but optional
- Data collection Data always collected in all four filters for all wells
- Plate setup Plate setup for data analysis can be altered after run completes
- Melt curve Supports continuous data acquisition in a single filter to provide increased data point collection and reduced run times
- PCR cycle time (unoptimised) 40 cycles in less than 40 minutes
- PCR cycle time (FAST optimised) 40 cycles in less than 20 minutes
- Dynamic range Greater than 9 logs
- Calibration Not required
- Installation Plug and play design
- Precision Discriminates 5000 and 10000 template copies with 99 percent confidence
- Voltage 240 V.AC
- Frequency 50 Hz
- Nominal current draw 5A
- Peak power 500W (typical power is 180W)
- Software Multiple license software included at no additional cost
- Chemistry All chemistries supported
- Applications Absolute Quantification and Relative Quantification
- Applications Allelic Discrimination and High Resolution Melt
- Dimensions closed (WxDxH) 34.5cm x 31cm x 32cm (13.6 in x 12.2 in x 12.6 inches)
- Dimensions open (WxDxH) 34.5cm x 31cm x 37cm (13.6 in x 12.2 in x 14.5 inches)
- Weight 13.6 Kg (30 lb)