This used Velp Scientific SE Radiation detector was purchased straight from the shelves from the previous owner. It was probably never used in practice.
This Radiation Detector is standard industrial model of a Geiger-Müller tube with a thin mica output window. It is factory-calibrated using a pulse generator and is the standard ±15% of the full scale relative to Cesium-137. It offers reliable results in milliroentgens/hour and events/minute (cpm) in three different periods. The unit is protected by an anti-saturation circuit up to a value equivalent to 100 times the maximum reading in the greatest interval. The radiation detected is indicated by the graduated scale, a blinking LED and an acoustic signal.
- Measurement range: 0.5 – 5.0 – 50 mR/h, 500 – 5000 – 50000 CPM, 5 – 50 – 500 µSv/h
- α: detected down to 2.5 MeV, with typical detection efficiency greater than 80% at 3.5 MeV
- ß: detected at 150 keV with 75% typical detection efficiency
- Y and X rays: detected down to 10 keV through the end window and to 40 keV through the case
- Dimensions: (WxHxD) 75x145x38 mm (2.9×5.7×1.5 in)
- Weight: 0.25 kg (0.6 lb)
- Power supply: 9 V alkaline battery, 2000-hour lifetime i G