This used Olympus BH-2 trinocular microscope is a great product that was built to last a lifetime. The microscope is a sturdy classic and although not made new anymore, still maintained its popularity. Therefore, if needed, replacement parts are easy to come by at a reduced price. It is also easy to add new eyepieces, objective lenses, and condensers that have been produced for this specific model in order to make the microscope unique to its user.
The stand is wider than most other ones on the market, including other Olympus microscopes. This design allows more room for both optical and electric mechanisms. The knob and controls are also more substantial on the Olympus BH2, making adjustment easier for users with bigger hands.
This product is known for its high quality, long barrel objective lens. The lens of the Olympus BH2 microscope added a new versatility, so it could be used for phase contrast, polarization, fluorescence, and bright field observations. These reliable optics and options made this model quickly very popular with researchers and educators.
The BHS was the research version. The upper part of the BHS is the same as the BHT. The base is wider, the power supply is different and drives a 12v 100w halogen bulb in the large lamphouse in the back. There is a slot for a filter holder and filter between the lamp house and the base. The base itself has no filters. Bulbs cost just a little more but are still easy to find.
The offered used Olympus BH-2 Trinocular microscope, BHS version originates from a hospital laboratory. It was tested in our laboratory and is still in a good shape and ready for a new user. For more info see the Brochure olympus BH-2
- It comes with the highly favored Olympus BH2 stand
- Eyepieces whk 10x/20l
- A nose piece that can be moved into one of five positions
- 4 objectives;
- 10x (A10NH, 0,2, 160/0.17)
- 20x (Splan20NH, 0.46, 160/0.17)
- 40x (SPlan40NH, 0.70, 160/0.17)
- 100x (A100, 1.30 oil 160/-)
- Pre-set light feature
- A phase contrast attachment
- A stage that has both coarse and fine adjustment
- A slide holder with a XY rack and pinion adjustment
- Weighs twenty-four pounds
- Extremely customizable
- Standard base
- Interchangeable nosepiece
- 12V, 100W halogen lamp
- Trinocular head, two standard eyepieces and one camera eyepiece
- A vertical MTV-3 phototube with 2 objectives
We pack our microscopes very carefully. In the video below we show how we pack our microscopes.