The offered used Density Meter, Mettler Toledo Density Meter DE51 is in excellent working condition. The instrument measures the density of gases, liquids and solutions in the range 0 to 3 g/cm³ using the oscillating body method. The density meter can be distinguished by its temperature range and its measurement accuracy.
About the instrument:
- The instrument needs a minimum amount of substance (1.2 millilitres) for measurement.
- It keeps the temperature of the sample being measured constant by a built-in thermostat control (between 4 and 70 degrees C).
- It is capable of storing 10 methods in its memory, these methods are editable as required.
- The instrument shows the density relative to water at 4 degrees or at the measurement temperature.
- It calculates the concentration of a solution using tables or entered data of measured standard solutions.
- The density meter calculates the density of a solution for a desired temperature using an entered temperature function.
- It contains a built-in check function that allows to periodically check the accuracy of the instrument without changing the instrument settings.
- The DE51 can store a maximum of 100 measured values, performs statistical evaluations (mean value, standard deviation, relative standard deviation) and allows the recalculations of results.
- The intrument includes a compatible printer.
- A Memory Card with special application is included, this particular card allows automatic conversion of the experimental data into alcohol concentration.
- The memory card can also be used for data storage, sample files and method transfer.
- Measuring method: Oscillating U-tube
- Density, measuring range: 0.00001 to 3 g/cm³
- Density, limit of error: 0.00002
- Density, repeatability: 0.00001
- Density, resolution: 0.0001
- Temperature, control: Peltier
- Temperature, range: 4-70 °C
- Temperature, precision: 0.02 (10-30°C) and 0.05 (4-70°C)
- Viscosity compensation: standard included
- Sample required: min. 1.2 mL (manual injection) and 2 mL (automated operation)
- Typical measuring times: 1-4 minutes (manual) and 2-10 minutes (automated)
- Display: LCD (7 line display, backlit)
- External I/O:
- 1 RS-232C (for computer and combination)
- 1 RS-232C (for external printer)
- 1 special serial interface (for sample changer)
- 1 Memory Card (PCIMCIA)
- Ambient condition, temperature: 5-35 °C
- Ambient condition, humidity: below 85% RH (no condensation)
- Power source: AC 100-240 V, 50/60 Hz
- Power consumption: 200 W
- Outer dimensions: 270x400x410 mm (WxDxH)
- Weight: 15 kg
The used Mettler Toledo Density Meter DE51, was thoroughly tested in our laboratory and is in excellent condition. A new density meter of the same quality will cost approximately 10.000 euro. See the attachment and pictures for more information.