This as new Applied Biosystems PCR Machine thermocycler simpliamp is approximately 1 year old and in a virtual new state (see picture). It originates from the inventory of a Belgian biomedical laboratory which closed down 8 months after start-up. Most instruments were hardly (or not at all) used and are sold at 50-60% of the new price.
The as new Applied Biosystems PCR Machine thermocycler simpliamp is a small, easy-to-use, and accurate thermal cycler that suits any lab’s needs for everyday PCR. It is crafted with the reliable engineering and performance you’ve come to expect from Applied Biosystem™ instruments. It is elegantly designed to deliver quiet cycling, and features an innovative, safe heated lid and a large LCD color touch screen.
The reason to choose this system over a traditional thermocycler are:
- VeriFlex™ blocks to optimize PCR temperature with precision—the VeriFlex™ blocks provide 3 independent temperature zones, for precise temperature control over your PCR optimization.
- 8-inch color touch screen to help save time—the large and responsive color touch screen simplifies instrument operations with an easy to read interface.
- WiFi-enabled for remote monitoring—conveniently monitor your instrument from anywhere with our free PCR Essentials mobile app.
- Simple lid design to protect your sample—the innovative heated lid is easy to use and designed to help protect your samples. When open, it is in an upright position for easy handle access. Pull the handle forward to close the lid with ease. The heated lid will open automatically if not closed properly, to help safeguard your precious sample.
- Ready to use USB drive to easily back up your data—simply plug in a USB drive and follow the on-screen prompts to back up your data simply and effortlessly.
- Thermal simulation modes to replicate other PCR experiments—a library of simulation modes is available so that you may run an experiment using the same ramp rates as with a previous or different instrument.
A list of technical specifications can be found below
- Voltage: 100/240 V
- Wattage: 600 W
- Block Configurations: 96-well, 0.2 mL VeriFlex Block
- Max. Ramp Rate: 4°C/sec. (Block), 3°C/sec. (Sample)
- Thermal Uniformity: <0.5°C (30 sec. after reaching 95°C)
- Thermal Accuracy: ±0.25°C (35°C to 99.9°C)
- Thermal Range: 0°C to 100°C
- No. of Programs: >1000 Protocols
- Format: 0.2 mL tubes, 96-well plate
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 46 x 24 x 21 cm (18.1 x 9.5 x 8.3 in.)
- Display: 8 inch Color TFT LCD Touchscreen
- Capacity: 96-well, 3 Zones VeriFlex
- Interface: USB
A manual can be found here