This used Thermo Scientific NanoDrop 2000 was purchased from a biochemical/medical laboratory in the UK which has to close down. The NanoDrop was in operation until closure of the laboratory. Thereafter, the instrument was transported to us, tested in our laboratory and found to be fully operational and in good condition. The NanoDrop 2000 includes a laptop with software, power adaptor and USB cable.
This used Thermo Scientific NanoDrop 2000 is an UV-VIS spectrophotometer is designed to quantify and assess purity of DNA, RNA, protein and more. The NanoDrop 2000 is one of the microvolume spectrophotometers with patented sample retention technology that measure sample volumes as small as 0.5 μL.
- Light source: Xenon flash lamp;
- Pathlength: 1 mm;
- Wavelength range: 190-840 nm;
- Wavelength accuracy: + 1 nm;
- Measurement time: < 5 seconds;
- Footprint: 140 x 200 mm;
- Weight: 2.0 kg.
For more information, please refer to the Manual NanoDrop 2000 or the description below.
Thermo Scientific NanoDrop 2000 and 2000c are full spectrum UV-Vis spectrophotometers capable of measuring samples as small as 0.5 μl. Both instruments utilize a patented sample retention system which allows for micro-volumes to be directly pipetted on a measurement surface, virtually eliminating the need for dilutions. Measurement time is less than 5 seconds. The system allows scientists to quickly and easily quantify and assess purity of samples such as nucleic acids and proteins.
The patented sample retention system of the NanoDrop 2000 and 2000c spectrophotometers allows a sample to be pipetted directly onto an optical measurement surface. Once the measurement is complete, the surfaces are simply wiped with a lint-free lab wipe. The NanoDrop 2000c integrates the sample retention system with cuvette capability.
- Micro-volume sample size (0.5-2.0 µL)
- Easy to use—pipet sample directly onto the pedestal
- No dilutions required, even for highly concentrated samples
- Preconfigured methods for A260, A280, labeled DNA or Proteins, and much more
- User-friendly software that includes custom methods and data export capabilities