End of 2021 we bought this used Thermo Exactive Accela HPLC – Orbitrap system from a Dutch government institute where it had been used until the day of purchase. It was the intention to use it for an internal research project from our mother company KAIN Innovations for which we had funding. Unfortunately, this research project was never implemented and the system has not been operational since the end of 2021. Therefore, it is now offered for sale. Mind that it will be tested and maintained until it meets the required specifications before it will be delivered to a new owner.
The Exactive is a high-resolution benchtop liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC/MS) system designed for simple and complex screening in a range of applications, including petrochemical, drug discovery, clinical/toxicology, environmental and pharmaceutical. The Exactive provides precise and reliable detection and identification of compounds in complex mixtures, setting a new standard for LC/MS performance at resolutions of up to 100,000. It is also fast and cost-effective to operate, while maintaining full compatibility with U-HPLC and fast chromatography.
The Exactive was the first benchtop mass spectrometer based on revolutionary Orbitrap technology, the recognized standard for accurate mass and high-resolution measurement. The high resolving power, mass accuracy and dynamic range of Orbitrap technology allows rigorous characterization of complex mixtures. The Exactive is the first mass spectrometry system to make advanced Orbitrap technology accessible to both non-expert users and experienced mass spectrometrists. The elimination of the ion trap mass analyzer (used in LTQ systems) resulted in a bench-top instrument that can perform full-scan detection and HCD (higher energy collisional dissociation) without precursor selection. This led to the development of protocols for Orbitrap-only detection, and enabled high resolution accurate mass (HRAM) screening of known and unknown analytes with very high selectivity (<5 ppm). It also facilitated retrospective analysis of full scan data.
Designed for high-throughput and high-performance screening and compound identification applications, Exactive benchtop LC-MS system leverages the company’s proven Orbitrap mass analyzer technology, the recognized standard for accurate mass and high-resolution measurement, to provide precise and reliable information. It is fast, easy to use and, coupled with workflow-driven software, makes an ideal instrument for new users in routine analytical laboratories. This easy-to-use LC-MS system delivers accurate mass for every scan without the need for data averaging. Operating at a 10 Hz scanning frequency Exactive is fully compatible with U-HPLC and ensures exact mass measurement for fast chromatography applications.
- Instrument Thermo Exactive orbitrap equipped with an ESI probe out of 2010.
- Maximum scan speed of 10 Hz
- Full scan MS analysis
- All Ion Fragmentation’ with multiple dissociation techniques:
-Source CID (Collisional Induced Dissociation)
-HCD (Higher Energy Collisional Dissociation
- Mass Range m/z 50 – 4000
- Resolution 100,000 at m/z 200 at a scan rate of 1 Hz, minimum resolution 10,000 at m/z 200 at a scan rate of 10 Hz
- Mass Accuracy < 5 ppm with external calibration, < 2 ppm using internal calibration
- Polarity Switching One full cycle in < 1 sec (one full scan positive mode and one full scan negative mode at resolution setting of 10,000)
- Sensitivity A flow injection of 500 fg of Buspirone giving a S/N of better than 10:1 for the selected mass chromatogram of the + ion (m/z = 386.2551)
- Dynamic Range > 4,000 within a single scan with guaranteed mass accuracy
- MS Scan Power Full scan and ’All Ion Fragmentation’ by HCD
- Scan Rate 1 – 10 Hz
- Analog Inputs One (1) analog input (0 – 1 V), One (1) analog (0 – 10 V)
- A Thermo Accela pump out of 2009
- A Thermo Accela autosampler out of 2007
- A CD with Xcalibur LC devices 2.2.0 software, Windows 7 is needed
- A CD with Exactive 1.1 SP5 software
- A suitable vacuum pump.