We recently purchased this used Leco TruMac CNS analyzer. At the moment of purchase it was still in operation at the previous owners site, a Dutch contract laboratory. It is in a good condition and has always been fully serviced by Leco. The system consists of the Leco TruMac CNS analyzer, a autoloader, software, sample boats and various other accessories. In short: a completely operational system.
This used Leco TruMac CNS analyzer, model 630-300-200 adds sulphur analysis capabilities to the instrument’s existing carbon/nitrogen configuration. Sulphur detection is perfect for soil and plant tissue analysis; however, this option was not applied for the current analysis at the laboratory. Samples in large, reusable ceramic boats are placed into a horizontal ceramic combustion system, using pure oxygen and a maximum temperature of 1450 °C. During combustion carbon is converted to CO2, nitrogen to N2, and sulphur to SO2. Independent IR detectors are used for simultaneous detection of carbon, and sulphur. Nitrogen is measured using a thermal conductivity detection system.
- Ideal for soils, feeds, meats, pet foods, starches, slurries, or wastewater.
- An autoloader provides unattended analysis of up to 50 samples.
- Macro sample sizes (up to 3 grams for nitrogen; up to 1.5 grams for carbon/nitrogen; up to 0.3 grams for carbon/nitrogen/sulphur) are quickly and simultaneously analysed with a low cost-per-analysis.
- By adding sulphur capabilities, the TruMac becomes an ideal choice for those looking to analyse macro samples in the environmental and agronomy markets.
- Instrument range/precision range:
- Carbon: 0.02 mg to 200 mg/0.01 mg or 0.4% RSD
- Nitrogen: 0.02 mg to 300 mg/0.01 mg or 0.3% RSD
- Sulphur: 0.02 mg to 50 mg/0.01 mg or 0.4% RSD
- Analysis time: 5.0 minutes nominal
- Cycle time: 5.5 minutes nominal
- Gases required:
- Carrier gas helium (99.99% pure) @35 psi (2.4 bar) ±10%
- Combustion oxygen (99.99% pure) @40 psi (2.8 bar) ±10%
- Pneumatic gas compressed Air (oil and water free) @40 psi (2.8 bar) ±10%
- Furnace resistance: 1450 °C max (1100 °C nominal)
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 161 x 69 x 92 cm
- Weight instrument: 132 kg
- Weight autoloader: 66 kg
- Electrical requirements: 230 V, 50/60 Hz, single phase
For more information, please refer to the brochure: TruMac CNS analyzer.