The used heating mantle with stirrer from EMA revolutionised round bottom flask heating by incorporating a coiled flexible heating element, which ingeniously wraps the heater around the flask to optimise heat transfer. For maximum safety, the flask is held away from direct contact with the heating element via a grounded earth screen. The Barnstead heating mantles feature a durable, chemically resistant, polypropylene outer housing that minimise damage from spills. They allow maximum heat transfer with minimum risk for flask breakage. The heating mantle contains a built-in energy regulator with indicator lamps for power and heater operation. In addition it is equipped with 3 support rod clamps as an integral feature, a grounded earth screen and double fuses for added safety.
The added functionality of magnetic stirring widens the range of applications. The solid state stirring circuitry is built into the base of the main housing and provides powerful stirring over a range of capacities and viscosities. The stir speed is easily adjusted and is bi-directional. Simply place the correct size bar into the flask, turn the stir control to the minimum speed and ramp up slowly. If the magnetic coupling to the stir bar is lost for any reason, the speed control should be reduced slightly and the auto-recapture switch can be activiated. The used heating mantle with stirrer was tested and is in a good state.
• Accepts flasks from 50ml to 2 litre capacity
• Bi-directional stirring speeds up to 520rpm
• Stir bar “auto-recapture” function
• ‘Cool-to-the-touch’ design
• Element temperature 450ºC
• Built-in energy regulator
• Replaceable insulated heater cartridge
• A chemically resistant polypropylene outer
• A grounded earth screen and double fuses for
• Clamps for 1.3cm diameter supports (Optionally support rods can be purchased)