This as new Corning LSE Mini microcentrifuge 6770 is approximately 1 year old and in a virtual new state (see picture). It originates from the inventory of a Belgian biomedical laboratory which closed down 8 months after start-up. Most instruments were hardly (or not at all) used and are sold at 50-60% of the new price.
The Corning LSE Mini Microcentrifuge is a personal bench top instrument that operates at a fixed speed of 6,000 rpm (2,000 x g) and was designed for quick spin downs of micro-samples. Operation is made simpler and more convenient with the design of a quick-release rotor system and electronic brake. Once samples are loaded and the lid is closed, the rotor rapidly accelerates to 6,000 rpm. This speed range is ideal for bringing small droplets to the bottom of the tubes for micro-filtrations or as basic separations. Pressing the lid release button will active the electronic brake, which brings the rotor to a fast stop. The mini microcentrifuge can accommodate up to 8 microcentrifuge tubes or 4 PCR strip tubes. Smaller samples such as 0.2, 0.25, and 0.5 mL can also be processed by using the included tube adapters.
- Quick release rotor system eliminates the need for tools to exchange rotors
- Electronic braking provides rapid deceleration for more efficient sample prep
- Compact, rugged design withstands heavy use in crowded lab environment
- Dual lid switch provides safe operation
- Ergonomic design allows for comfortable handling
For more info see the Corning website.