This as new CBS Scientific PAGE gel station 33 cm is approximately 1 year old and in a virtual new state (see picture). It originates from the inventory of a Belgian biomedical laboratory which closed down 8 months after start-up. Most instruments were hardly (or not at all) used and are sold at 50-60% of the new price.
The C.B.S. Scientific Adjustable Nucleic Acid Sequencers features the flexibility of running path lengths. This adjustable feature allows for rapidly changing research priorities for the individual laboratory researcher. More recent state-of-the-art techniques have been adapted for use on our adjustable units including large scale screening for Gel Mobility Shifts (gel retardation-MSA), mRNA Differential Display using RT-PCR, DNA footprinting, RNase protection assays, as well as the classical methods of nucleic acid sequencing either by SangerCoulson (dideoxy method) or the original Maxam-Gilbert reaction procedure.
- Material: Acrylic
- Electrodes: Platinum wire .012″ diameter
- DC Power leads: FR Urethane rated 7500VDC 200mA, 65ºC
- Guide rods Delrin
- Glass plates: Soda-lime float glass or Low fluorescent glass
- Combs: Polycarbonate, Mylar or White
- Spacers: Polycarbonate, Mylar or White
- White spring clamps: Polypropylene
- Base size-33cm unit: 40.6cm (l) x 30.5cm (w)
- Recommended buffer volumes
- 33cm wide units
- upper reservoir 33cm 1400-1600ml
- lower reservoir 33cm 1000-1600ml
Everything that is on the pictures will be in the scope of delivery, it is a complete package with the exception of the gel tape. Each system comes with 4 glass plates, 4 spacers, 4 combs (34 and 63 wells) and some white spring clamps.
We also have different types of power supply for sale here which can be combined with this gel station.
A manual can be found here