This used Microwave destruction laboratory microwave, the MLS mikrowelle µPrep, is suitable for extraction and destruction of laboratory samples. Microwave technology is an important tool to accelerate the initiation reaction in a temperature- and pressure controlled environment. One of the most common applications is the preparation/destruction of samples prior to AAS, ICP and ICP-MS analyses. Another common application is the execution of difficult extractions, for example the extraction of fat from cheese.
In both cases the traditional methods are very labour-intensive and time-consuming and require large quantities of solvents.
The usage of the MLS mikrowelle µprep will give a significant economisation in the costs because:
• An analyser can simultaneously process multiple samples.
• The combination of high pressure and temperature gives an accelerated extraction/destruction.
• Less solvents are needed.
• The repeatability of a closed circuit is better than that of an open heating plate.
Moreover, the device is user-friendly, sturdy and one of the safest methods to prepare samples. With help of the intrinsic Terminal 320 software and monitor, it is possible to adjust the programs in small detail. A single HPR-1000/10 rotor is supplied with the mikrowelle. This rotor can resist a pressure of approximately 60 bar and is made for temperatures that rise above 250 °C. However, it is also possible to order other rotors if necessary.
The mikrowelle is equipped with an ATC-CE-400 temperature sensor. This sensor has a linearised measuring range from 0 °C to 1100°C. The limit value for short term (less than 3 minutes) is 310 °C with a pressure of 40 bar.
• Current : 230V (+15/-20%); 50 Hz
• Power at maximum temperatures : 2400W
• Weight : ca. 70Kg
• Measurements without monitor
• Height 620 mm
• Width 510 mm
• Depth 690 mm
• A corresponding table for the Mikrowelle
• Terminal 320 monitor (Cable included)
• HPR-1000/10 Rotor (Complete inserts included)
• ATC-CE-400 temperature sensor
• Manual (German)
The used Microwave destruction lab microwave has been tested in our own laboratory and functions very well.