This used dry block heater with evaporation unit, Reacti-Therm III from Pierce, is an easy-to-use dry block heater that provides constant temperature control. It is ideal for heating and evaporation required for sample derivatization before analysis by gas chromatography or high-performance liquid chromatography. Designed with a recessed cavity that holds interchangeable Aluminum Blocks, the modules can also be used for sample incubation and hydrolysis.
- Three aluminium heating blocks (see pictures) for 9 tubes with a diameter of 16 mm, which can be placed in the recessed cavity
- Two aluminium heating blocks (see pictures) for 13 tubes with a diameter of 14 mm
- 220 V, 50/60 Hz, 0.55 Amps
- Adjustable heating temperature, operating Range 10°C above ambient to approx. 150°C
- Included are an additional rod and clamp for the gas evaporation module. Usually nitrogen or air are used as drying gases. Mind that some of the needles are missing/need to be replaced.
The used dry block heater with evaporation unit was tested in our laboratory and is in a good state. Clearly it is an older instrument which shows signs of wear. Yet, the design is simple and the instrument robust, so it ought to be ready for a long lasting performance. Mind that some of the needles are missing/need to be replaced.