Recently we obtained this used Alifax test 1 SDL system for measuring ESR (Erythrocyte sedimentation rate). The ESR is widely used as a screening or monitoring test for patients with acute or chronic inflammatory diseases. The International Council for Standardization in Haematology (ICSH) selected the Westergren method as the reference technique for measuring. This method, however, takes 60 minutes and is known to give difficulties in quality control. The Ailfax test 1 is capable to provide results in 20 seconds by measuring red blood cells aggregation overcoming the variables and limitations of the Westergren method. This used Alifax test 1 SDL system can measure up to 40 samples per session.
The Alifax was tested in our laboratory by means of a latex control kit. The results met the set criteria from the latex control kit (see picture) which means that hte instrument is in a good state.
- Functioning: The instrument is designed to remain switched ON 24 hours a day. However, it is suggested to switch it off at the end of the working day, applying previously a washing procedure to ensure a good capillary and sensor’s life.
- Rated pollution degree: Grade 2
- Voltage: 230
- Frequency: 50 or 60 Hz +/- 2 Hz
- Classifications: Class I (EN61010-1 – IEC 1010-1 – CEI 66-5)
- Power cons: 150 VA, circa 83W
- Switch on cons: 225 VA, circa 135W
- Availability ESR: 2475
The following accessories are included:
- Several sysmex SF/SE/XE cell blood Counter cassettes
- Latex control kit with 5 tests left
- Spare needle
- Spare sliding guides